Well , unfortunately todays music is only for the LCD kids and people . By LCD I mean lowest comon dinominator people . As far as Rap and Hip Hop , it's all done on those shit box Akai MPC models , that's partly the reason why it all sounds the same . As for the producers of it , they are just vultures , they all wait and see what sells and then they copy it . I'm gonna be a little fair in saying that I'm sure that some of them can actually play . But , most of them absolutely need those MPC shit boxes , without them , they couldn't do it . Lets face it guys and girls , original thinking and looking forward is not recognized anymore . Back in the 70s KRAFTWERK was recognized because they were WAY ahead of their time and NO ONE could come close to recreating their sound . That kind of thing isn't celebrated anymore . Atleast not in the US . In Europe they are way more open minded and forward thinking in music , while also remembering the past . In the US , if you don't have great tits and ass or the latest Phat street wear , you don't get heard . This is just an idea , but , maybe if all of us came together and CRAMED our stuff down the radio stations throat , things may change . That's what the record companies do , they cram it down the stations throat .