Ha!!!

My live guitars are back!!!

Okay, here's what happened: I had OS41A running when I installed the initial style upgrade for OS20A. Then I lost my live guitars.

Yesterday I ran some pcm files direct from the Audya. The first big sample one took a few hours to execute, but it got rid of my "cannot write to flash" error. However, it caused me to loose my live drums as well and on top of this the styles now sounded fuzzy and incomplete after that.

So late last night, as a last resort, I re-installed OS20A and my guitars were back! Next re-installed OS20C and they're still there. Install OS30A and they're gone, and so also the menu option to enable live guitars. Any OS after that, brings back that menu option, but it has no effect and on top of this, after booting I get a message saying: "Loading resources" which I do not get with the previous OS updates.

So...I honestly cannot remember where I've downloaded this style upgrade from, but it seems to me that Ketron does not want me to have it. Maybe you guys had to pay for it or install it from a pendrive with the correct serial number.

In any case, I now run with OS20C & thus far I have no quirks. I cannot uninstall these styles, but I can only hope when I purchase & install the 2011 pendrive style update with the reworked live guitars that I can then also upgrade to OS41B & next to OS42B. For now I'm happy as is.

One thing with the Audya - if you have a problem it's more than likely software related. If I tell you what files I've run direct from the Audya, and how many resets and OS updates I did, you'll laugh. But my Audya is up & running perfectly again.

Don't give up on yours - keep on trying till it's right because this is an AWESOME arranger when it's up & running.

Keep well all,
Henni