I have to tell you.....you guys really saved my life this time around! You reminded me of all the bad experiences I ever had attempting to work with a female vocalist.

Bill Lewis: “The gigs too far, my boyfriend/fiance/ex/husband, I'm tired from work, my voice isn't right tonight, etc. etc.”

Russ: “Boyfriend problems...money problems...."no shows"...being unhappy with the sound system, material, number of songs she sang or stage....the list goes on and on.”

Don M: “I've worked with several and they were mostly a pain in the butt. Had a couple who were really good, but there is always some sort of baggage.”

I forgot I went through most of the above myself. I really need to eat more brain food so I remember these horrific scenarios!

The common denominator with many of them was “they didn’t want to practice or learn songs...just sing what they knew and start making money!” Then there were the ones, like Fran said, who were anxious to get on the gravy train, but I would have had to spend the rest of my life training them about the business. Then they'd probably open up their own pizza joint and quit the business anyway!

The good singers were prima donna’s and the “not-so-good” were only useful as live poster boards to be sprayed with exotic perfume to stand on the stage looking like Geisha girls.

But Eddie came up with a great idea: “I found my last one by going to Karaoke venues and keeping and eye and ear out for one who would like to join me and who would bring added value to what I was doing.”

I think I might go that route for a while and see what I come up with.

My second choice, to get a female voice in the act, was to buy a sampler, have a lady friend I know with a legit voice, sing 2-3 second snippets of different parts of a song, record them into a sampler, and sing duets with myself. But that would involve split-second timing. I’d have to hit that sampler button exactly when I want her to “come in”....to the millisecond! Easier to keep any given thread in the SynthZone on topic!

There was a song a few years back, I can’t remember the title. But it had this message in it:

I’d like to fall in love, but I can’t afford the price. I’m sure you get my analogy!

Mark