Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes

How can Yamaha improve this KB, the T4 is more versatile than an egg.

Yes, there will be another TOTL arranger...no one can really say if it will be another Tyros, as in Tyros5.

When the first Tyros was introduced, people asked the very same thing..."How can Yamaha improve this keyboard?"

Well, improve it they did, as seen on subsequent Tyros models, and each new iteration sold exceptionally well, culminating in the Tyros4 which has allegedly sold in numbers that are higher than the first three combined.

I expect the next Yamaha TOTL will follow in much the same way, adding improvements both big and small, and staying within the parameters that have made their other arrangers so successful...easy to use operating system, lots of support ( both factory and eventually, third party) and a stunning sound that seems to please a great many people.

So, in spite of the predictable negative personal views from the usual naysayers, it is my own opinion, that Yamaha will continue to be one the leaders in arranger production and continue to satisfy the needs of those wanting one of the best instruments available.

Ian

PS...I feel as well, that the smaller companies with the inevitable smaller budgets, may eventually withdraw from TOTL arranger production...even Roland has bowed out of that category, and I wouldn't consider them a "small" company, but it takes big resources, and an extensive (and expensive) R & D department to compete at the higher levels.