I thought I would pass on this fix for other BK5 owners that may have had a problem with sequences originating from a Yamaha format (XG and XG lite)...sometimes the drums do not respond well on other manufactured keyboards...

The problem....these SMF's prevent the BK from using the "make up tools" stated they are not a SMF format...

For the fix, I use the G70 sequencer, and on "master track" remove the system exclusive events...and resave the file...The file now will work in the BK5 and allows the "make up" tools to do their job...It only takes a minute to fix and save..

Before the fix , the drums would always play a piano tone....This use to drive me crazy with the old E-600, and I could never figure out why...The high end G1000 VA 7/76 and G70 had no problem reading correctly..I guess the sequencer plays an important part in these keyboards....

I use to love the sequencer in the G1000..it was able to fix many files for me and my Yamaha buddies....much better than the soft sequencers I have used with a PC...

Give me the Hardware sequencer any day grin