Hi Bernie,
that was me . The techie that fixed my PA800 screen , also had a quick look at my SD2. He's the one that told me my board had corrosion on it? Personally I'm still convinced it was the update that killed it. The light went solid instead of flashing as soon as I did it.
My sd2 one of the first models. Was going well till I did the second update on it. First time I updated, no problem. It's the second update that killed it.
I noticed now, Ketron at least gives a warning about using their updates, pity they didn't do that with update No.2.

I've updated every keyboard & module I've owned, if & when an update became available. My pa800 had 5, my sd1 had 2. It's not like I didn't know what I was doing. The sd2 was the only one I've had a problem with.

Having said that, I've gone out and bought another one haahaa. Might stay away from their updates. If it wasn't for my newly aquired VArranger software, I wouldn't have bothered with another Ketron.
Now I'm counting the days till it arrives. haahaa
Originally Posted By: Bernie9
I think someone confused corrupt with corrode. Corruption being much more likely here.

Edited by rikkisbears (09/11/11 02:16 PM)

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022