I note your comments Burkels.

MD1 (the original Roland-method) or
MD2 (which will follow the method used by all those other manufacturers)

This does acknowledge what i've been saying thank you, that "Roland use a different single fingered chord recognition than the other manufacturers. The Tech dept nor anyone else i've spoken to has even hinted at there being another SFC setting. In fact if this was the case I would now be the proud owner of a Roland Keyboard.

Whilst not dismissing what you're saying out of hand I feel the more qualified to answer the problem would be Roland Tech dept and that for me is where i've gone for the answers. I feel i've gone to the top and if they say "the SFC function is different from all the other manufacturers, along with every dealer i've spoken to then that's good enough for me. In any case when a dealer tells you a Keyboard is not using familiar features and advises you to not buy a Roland instrument unless you're prepared to learn a new SFC system, then that also is good enough advice for me. It would pose the same sort of problems if you bought a car that had the clutch and accelerator in different positions than every other car.

Please note i'm not (nor have ever been) interested in the rights or wrongs musically of using the single fingered chord facility or if the SFC positions are musically correct. Please remain focused on the question, and that was "if Roland uses the same SFC positions as the other leading manufacturers", and the answer from Dealers and Roland themselves is "NO ROLANDS SYSTEM IS DIFFERENT"

If you still disagree so be it but that's what Roland UK inform prople.

Kind regards

Peter