Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Lowden:
If anyone buys a Roland keyboard and intends to use just the single fingered chord feature for playing, and have been used to Yamaha, Korg, Technics, Wersi, or Gem instruments, then believe me you are in for a shock.
Not my words but ROLAND UK TECH DEPT

Utter nonsens, imho. That techguy obviously wasn't aware of the way new Roland boards handle the SFC function. Using the ARR SET parameter in the board setup you can define what method you wish to use.
MD1 (the original Roland-method) or
MD2 (which will follow the method used by all those other manufacturers) or
OFF so you'll have to play the entire chord on the arranger. But I guess that's something for true musicians... :-/

Quote:
Sorry Dave but I have to disagree with most of what you say, could cause a lot of problems for people buying a Roland instrument for the first time and who use solely the SFC feature.

Just because you buy a arranger board that can practically play everything -for- you, does not mean it will hurt you to learn the basics about chords. Dave is absolutely right here. The original Roland/Korg approach is right, the others are making it -too- simple. You plan to make MUSIC, right? Not just operate a automated music machine?