Thanks Uncle Dave for your comments,

Since posting my original enquiry on the forum, i've actually written and emailed and had replies from all the Keyboard Manufacturers we mention in this discussion, some have kindly provided charts taken from the owners manual, as did the Tech dept at Roland UK. The chart sent to me by Korg Tech Dept, and taken from the VA7 Owners manual quite clearly indicates that a lot of the single fingered chord positions are the same as Technics, Yamaha, Wersi, Gem,
but many are not it's this mixture of not following a certain pattern throughout the whole range that leads to what I refer to an "unorthodox method

The conclusion is this (not from me but from Roland UK): Roland UK Tech dept have been trying for some time to get their single fingered chord recognition sequence the same as all the other leading brands of keyboard
manufacturers, they also understand that they loose custom because of the difference their instruments have with regard single fingered chord recognition and are trying to get this matter adressed with Roland central office.

Most of the dealers I have spoke to over the last few weeks are also aware of the Rolands difference in approach to Single F C.

If anyone buys a Roland keyboard and intends to use just the single fingered chord feature for playing, and have been used to Yamaha, Korg, Technics, Wersi, or Gem instruments, then believe me you are in for a shock.

Not my words but ROLAND UK TECH DEPT

Sorry Dave but I have to disagree with most of what you say, could cause a lot of problems for people buying a Roland instrument for the first time and who use solely the SFC feature.

All the best

Peter