Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
It makes you wonder why, if the MoXF has FULL SA2 editing, and the same samples as the T4, why they didn't include the T4 edits as a ROM Voice. You can't say that the MoXF is strictly a blank canvas for you to build your own custom sounds on... there is an EXTENSIVE set of presets in both single voice and Combi's for you to start with OOTB.

So why haven't Yamaha included what seems to be the BEST programming they can when making the ROM sounds?

DIKI

I don't believe they have the same exact Wave ROM all throughout the unit. That would indicate the Motif has custom edited those wave ROMS and thus it should sound much better...Unless they edited them on the Motif and burned them back into the Tyros leaving some perimeters adjustable.

I also don't believe Yamaha does not share a ton of waveform technology either. There is a crossover. The 720 the CVP501/503 The 910= the CVP 503 509 etc.

The Tyros gets the best of the best Yamaha engineering has to offer and it trickles down to the Motifs and Arrangers.
-----------------------------------------------
@Jon Quoting Kingfrog:

[quote] "You can create them on a Motif to a great extent using elements velocity switching, scaling and a crapload of effects per element."

You can do that on Tyros too using the PC Editor (although not with SA or Mega type voices)john[quote]
----------------------------------------------
I don't see where on any Tyros I can load up 8 wave ROMS and edit each one individually. Not saying it can't but I am not familiar with that feature of the Tyros if it is there...

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 09-25-2010).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA