I recall an Academy Awards show, many years ago..I cannot remember which one exactly, but one of the performers on the night was Sammy Davis jnr.

Well the entertainment part of the show had production numbers, and glitzy, glamourous performances from several "artists", but about the middle of the night, Sammy Davis came on, just him and a pianist, nothing else....He totally brought the house down with a standing ovation as I recall...

I only quote that story, as I believe talent is that innate ability to capture people, enthrall them in whatever it is you are doing with even the simplest of performances, be it writing, playing, painting whatever.

Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder, even Box Car Willie et al, could simply walk on stage, and just play and sing Mary Had A Little Lamb if they wanted to, totally by themselves, and they could spellbind an audience.

That's talent imho.

The only ones who reach the brilliant/genius/master, whatever, stage are those who then WORK at perfecting that talent.

Of course I place all of those people I mentioned above into that category, but there are many others. I think you get my drift on this..

Dennis