Quote:
Originally posted by FAEbGBD:
So Mo, what you're saying is, you can play in more keys, but just not comfortably. So if the bridge mods to a different key, you aren't hitting the transpose button in order to play the bridge in C in the middle of the tune, and then hit the transpose button again so you can play in C over the release. So if you're playing Sentimental mood in F, you'll transpose so you can play it in C, but over the bridge you will play in A flat? Or will you also use the transpose in the middle of the tune to get you into the bridge key and back out? If so, how on earth do you do that smoothly and get all the transition chords?

Rory I see the problem we're having understanding each other. I never use the transposer mid-tune, I just use it for the whole tune, so as i said it's no different than just playing all tunes as if they were in C. I don't have any problem with the bridges on most tunes, and if they are the tunes with difficult bridge changes for me,
I just play very sparely for those sections
and use mostly right hand runs rather than try to fill out the chord. I'm far from a "complete" keyboardist but I can compensate in other ways. Without a transposer I'd be limited to single-note right hand (pretty good) and lh bass lines (not so great)I'm strictly a product of the modern era on keys. Without semi-weighted keys, dedicated transposers, kbds that have nice vibes (my best work) organs, ep's, i'd never have pursued playing keys professionally.

------------------
Miami Mo