Russ,

I'm not a picker I'm a strummer. I play rhythm guitar with the praise band in my church. I only know the basic chords and struggle playing in flats. I have limited abilities on guitar so I DO use a capo when playing in Bb or Eb. And yes I'm playing an Ibanez electric. I know it is a crutch and I still don't feel comfortable doing it but I do. I've played in a band with two older jazz guys and they didn't care what key you played in, no capo. My buddy says once you know the changes it's all position anyway. You are right these guys were playing electrics. The one guy is dead and he died ON THE BANDSTAND at a jazz festival in one of those south eastern coastal states VA NC or SC I don't remember anymore. I could go that way rather than being shot by a jealous husband.

My wife and I will get to Lexington one of these days to see her cousin and you can be sure I will try to look you up. I'm an old organ player and wouldn't think of picking with you. I'll play your Sd5 B3 or whatever and you can play the guitar.

Tom

[This message has been edited by Tom Cavanaugh (edited 06-03-2010).]

[This message has been edited by Tom Cavanaugh (edited 06-03-2010).]

Tom