Talk about the 'ignore' button...

I feel that not ONE of you have adequately addressed the points that I have brought up, other than to basically cross your fingers and HOPE for the best...

And come on! That tired styles issue was put to rest a while ago. Ketron stated loud and clear that their styles WERE copyrighted. That anyone thinks the SOUNDS aren't also is just basically HOPING.

I have an email in to Yamaha, that hopefully will get answered definitively. It is disappointing that no-one here thought to try this, but then again, who WANTS to have their hopes dashed..?!

But here's the deeper question... Do none of you see the ultimate bankruptcy of the whole 'open' concept, that here we are, talking about cloning a closed arranger to be able to adequately play back its' styles...? If the promise of the open arranger had any legitimacy whatsoever, none of you would even be considering this boondoggle, already having MUCH better sounds and styles at your fingertips.

But you DON'T.

So, this is the best that the open keyboard can promise us... the ability to sound JUST like a closed arranger... (not that anyone takes that seriously, at the end of the day). Wow! What a giant leap forward!

If this isn't a warning to anyone looking to get one of these as an arranger, I don't know what is. Yep, an arranger SO good, its' owners are desperate to be able to clone a REAL arranger, just so it starts to sound good (or at least as good as a closed arranger). And, apparently, not all that concerned whether cloning is legal in the first place...

I mean, as long as you never ask anyone that KNOWS, you should be OK, shouldn't you?

James, I simply don't get it. What can you POSSIBLY have done, that garners you legal protection for your sampling work, that doesn't afford any arranger manufacturer the same protection?