Arrangers will NEVER get popular again UNTIL the manufacturers decide to make them so. No kid is going to buy one in the HOPE that it might suddenly become cool to play bossa novas again!

It's entirely in their hands, and I am afraid to say that not ONE of them (unless you count MS, which hardly qualifies as an arranger) is looking any further ahead than today. Either someone goes out on a limb and makes it, or the death of the arranger will come with the death of the last, oldest current arranger player (or their NH customer!). They either grow the brand NOW, or it's game over...

And Dan01... well, I'm an old(ish! ) accordion player myself, and all I can say to you is, play a set of rockin' zydeco up in Connecticut or Rhode Island, and watch the dance floor pack! Top zydeco artists like CJ Chenier and Chubby Carrier tour nationally to packed houses and festivals, it's not just a Louisiana thang...

Or a John Mellencamp tune or two... accordion is hipper than you think. I have turned up and jammed with dozens, if not hundreds of bands in my day on an accordion, and it never does anything but get a smile from band and audience alike...

Been thinking of picking up a Roland FR-1 baby V-Accordion to go jam with, as I've blown out a couple of semi-decent real 120 bass accordions trying to keep up with rock band volumes! Anyone played one of those, yet? Not the big one, the baby one (12 lbs )...