Quote:
Originally posted by George Kaye:
Montunoman, from your post it looks like you think the Audya is made in Europe and the Korg in Japan? They are both made in Italy.
I differ with Dan O with one of his points. Throughout all the years I've sold Solton and then Ketron products I've asked the owners of the company from Italy to lower their prices once the product has been on the market for several years. This has never happened. I have asked them to get competitive with other similar products and there has always been the same reply. I do agree with Dan about the company being small and costing more to be in business but I also think the market share could be bigger if they would stay competitive when the market conditions demand it. In these recessionary times I'm not selling nearly as many high end arrangers as keybaords under $1,600.00 and Ketron isn't even a player at this price point and lower. For that reason I am pleased to see Korg and Yamaha continue to improve their entry to mid level products and especially Korg who has recently looked at the market and lower the price of some of their PA products (PA500 and PA500oriental).

George,

Yes I think every knows that Korg is made in Italy and I think your whole reply as a dealer puts a different slant on it and I think you are right, IMO Ketron could reduce it's price,but perhaps not handle the extra production, they know what they can handle. Perhaps this is the best Arranger out there, but out of the price bracket of most serious players, if that is the case then it's sad.

Regards

[This message has been edited by Tony Hughes (edited 03-03-2010).]
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey