Hi Johnny,

The psr s910 is hands down a much better machine than the Tyros 2!

To me the only 1 thing that the Tyros 2 has over the PSR is the keybed...

I had the Tyros 2 for a year or so and straight away after playing a few styles and sounds on the psr u can tell the difference in sound.

The drums are much more punchier and crisp.
the analog t8 and t9 kits are a big improvement over the "dance kit"

The synth basses, synth voices and pads are far better as well.

I am very surprised how many good usable synth sounds there are in this 'mid range' keyboard. I have a Motif XS 6 which has not been switched on since I purchased the PSR S910.

just as Ian said - the Mod wheel works for most of the synth and pad voices as a cut off filter! this board is definitely the first PSR which you could classify as a semi synth arranger.

I doesnt have the granular sound editing that the Korgs and Rolands have but to me the sounds are already spot on! Only minimal editing is required for some voices.

Just to add - I am using the Logitech Z2300 speaker system as well. I wish there was a speaker mute button on the PSR but I figured that you just need to stick a guitar jack into the headphone port to mute the speakers

I havent mucked around with the USB recording or MP3 playback yet but should do very soon.

-Nick