Quote:
Originally posted by FransN:
Yes korg pa's are made in Italy and China but Korg is a Japanese brand. The ones I mentioned are a Italian brand. Most Japanese stuff today are made in China yes even Yamaha but that doesn't mean it is a Chinese brand isn't it.

I've heard that Korg arrangers are produced in Italy, and from what I understand, that included R&D as well as assembly....much like Roland's arrangers...I'm told by my Roland rep buddy, that their arrangers are produced in the former SIEL plant in Italy...remember the SIEL synths?

Produced can, and usually, means developed, created, designed, manufactured...or all of these terms.

Yes, there were some "junky" keyboards out of Italy....but, there were crappy keyboards out of the USA, the UK, and even Japan back in the day.

Times have changed considerably since the Farfisa, and although they were screechy little buggers, they were pretty reliable...I had a couple.

{Edited to add}...Ahhh...I see "mc" has found some concrete evidence...1996, eh?

I think Roland moved their arranger production to Italy in the late 80's.

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 11-03-2009).]