Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
and would you say the accomp. on Yamaha sounds better than AUDYA's?

lets say the audio guitar accomp. on audya vs the midi guitar accomp on Yamaha?

if you think Yamaha accomp. is better then you are certainly deaf or like that midi metallic sound, vs the real deal audio guitars

I think FransN is referring to Yamaha's Mega Voice realism, if it is the accompaniment being compared.

Yes, Audya guitars are "audio", but so are Yamaha's Mega Voices...they are "audio", because they are audio samples of guitars...the T3 and S910 carry it even further with the new Guitar NTT.

Think of it Lee...you are hearing "real" guitar sounds (recordings) in both cases, except perhaps, that Yamaha's mega sampled voices are more homogeneous when it comes to playing more complex chords...the Audya has to mix two forms of technology to do that successfully, and so far, it is not quite seamless.

The area the Audya excels, is in the drums and percussion....they sound less compressed than Yamaha's, and are almost as "live" as Roland's.

I still think Yamaha's mega voice, and also Korg's DNC are the equal of the Audya...and in some instances, much more flexible....but, that's my opinion...your mileage may vary.