Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
[B]One question. How, when, why, where did you guys learn English? I think it's amazing, incredible, astounding, that we have so many members from around the globe that are able to converse on a conversational level (or higher)in English.

Most of us speak at least 3 or more languages, i personally speak 6 languages the same way
i am talking to you now...if you ask me how i did it i still have no clue even today...in school
i took Russian classes so i had no contact with English at the time, i came to USA in 1997 but
already spoke english, how? I have no clue how i learnt, only from computers and movies i
guess but the story is...i am Turkish who was born in Yugoslavia, correctly Macedonia.
At the age of 5 I HAD to speak 4 languages...Turkish, at home we spoke it, Serbian, it was the
official language of Yugoslavia, Macedonian, i had to cuz i was in Macedonia and school was
in Macedonian and i lived in a town where everybody was Albanian. At the age of 5 i had to
speak all those 4 languages and i did. Then i went on to learn German (i lived there) and at
the end had to learn English...now i am getting into Greek and i am getting pretty good at it.
Every language that i speak i can also read and write same like here in English.

...and yess...i grew up listening to READY TO ROCK!!!

[This message has been edited by Nedim (edited 08-11-2009).]