Carlo,
I seldome get more than 75 - 100 people in my audience. That is because I only play senior gigs. All I can say is with a single Bose Compact L1 I played several gigs and ran the Bose at about 10 to 11 O'Clock and my keyboard at 12 O"clock. I do not use compensation on my Tyros 3 but I do run the Master EQ volumn slightly above the default setting - but not much.

With these settings I had enough sound level that on some styles I would turn the keyboard volumn down a bit.

With two of the compacts I run the compacts at about 10 O'clock and my keyboard at 11 O'clock and have again more than enough sound.

I added a small mixer to my setup and that has added a tremendous amount of sound output to my setup. Keep in mind that I do not play for larger audiences nor do I play in noisy envirnments like dance clubs. With that said, with two of the compacts and my mixer I would not be fearful of a larger crowd. I ran my setup really loud last night just to see how the speakers would do and even at extreme - noisy dance club like - levels the speakers showed no sign of distortion at all.

Might I suggest having Bose send you a couple - give them a try and see if they work for you. Bose will allow you to keep them up to 45 days on a trial basis - but you do have to pay for them to try them out. That way you would know for sure and not be guessing.

Good luck and please let us all know how it works for you.

Hammer