Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
To be fair, I can't remember the name of the piano we had selected, it was definitely one the main pianos, either the Grand X or the Stereo Piano.

Good grief! All this utter nonsense, and you don't even know which bloody piano in the G70 you are talking about? They are completely different, not the same samples at all (and the E50/60/80 have two completely different extra pianos as well as the G70's).

And yes, I'll even go along with the Stereo Piano being rubbish (or uneven, if you prefer!). I NEVER use any other piano than the GrandX unless I need a honky tonk. I hate the Stereo Piano. I hate nearly ALL the pianos in the G70 (I'm REALLY picky!)...

But the GrandX is the poo... Listen, I record at studios where they have Ivory, heck they even have a REAL Steinway. And the producers and engineers prefer my G70 on quite a few tracks...

But only the GrandX....

Sorry Ian, but until perhaps you have a chance to revisit the issue, let's put this to bed until you actually DO know what the hell you are talking about. Play the GrandX, and THEN try to tell me about the so-called 'unevenness'