Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
No it isn't Diki...I was made aware of the uneven middle on the G70 by my visually impaired friend...so there is at least two of us that heard it.

I'm afraid asking Donny to try Fran's G70 was a bad idea, as they are friend's and Donny would get in trouble.

I should have realized it was putting Donny in a bad situation.

As far as anyone admitting the middle is uneven...I doubt any of the fanboys would say anything, why would they?

I can't even get you to admit it, and that would have been my only hope because you will at least criticize Roland...unlike Fran, who can't find his way past the Roland logo without turning into a raving Yamaha basher.

I won't mention it again.

Ian

Come on now!!!!

Donny won't get in trouble with me...I disagree with anyone ..even my friends when they are wrong or need to be shone the way...again..and again..

I actually don't see eye to eye on a lot of issues with Donny....Keyboards, politics, Religion, Food...and on and on...

As for me not looking pass the Roland logo...not true..Do a search and you will see I have owned many Roland products..I mentioned the good points and certainly the bad points...even to the point of why I sold them...

I owned a Fantom X6...was okay but never liked it (mostly because I thought arrangers were better boards)..I actually always preferred the GS Sound Canvas sounds...an example..the "scat" voice..no one tops it even today...
The JV/XV sounds are good, but many of the patches are not to my liking...(BTW: I am talking about Roland)

I have owned the JunoG and the GW-7..and I stated that both had a poor feel keybed to me...be it better than the competition..

I also put down the tone/style selection process on the GW-7 and EXR boards too..

I had negative comments on the VA-7 (bought three of them)...improved after the version2 model...

Gave my negatives on the SonicCell too..

All of the above I owned ..used, and sold..My 3 favorite arrangers as I have mentioned before...in this order are the G70,G1000, and Ketron X1...

I have also owned and sold an assortment of Yamaha products, that I made mention of my discontentment (keyfeel , bad drums primarily}..I even bought these in pairs (PSR2100's) ..I have owned many Yamaha, Ketron , Korg, Casio and Roland products that did not meet my requirements..

Just because it has a Roland logo on it...doesn't get it a passing grade from me....just like Yamaha, Korg, Ketron, and Casio...

I have never found anyone that owned a G70 that didn't think it was a great all around instrument...sure the complaints about weight, and the fact that they didn't want to learn how to use the features...