Yamaha's vocal harmonizer has not changed since its inception. It has never been good, and even with lots of fine tuning, it is marginal at best. Fortunately, I, and many other performers, use vocal harmonies sparingly. When we use them, however, we like to hear something that is relatively close to the human voice. Consequently, I switched to a stand-alone harmonizer when the Digitech Midi Vocalist became available about a decade ago. I then graduated to the VR, and more recently the TC Helicon Harmony-M, all of which are superior to any oboard harmonizer I've heard on ANY brand of keyboard. Yamaha's vocal processor is quite good, and provides users with lots of neat options. It's the harmonizer that is quite poor.

For those that I emailed the style to, you will hear a tremendous difference between the retuned style and the factory default style. I wish there was a way to do this globally on the keyboard, but alas this is not the case at this time. I anticipate that in the next few years we will see software updates that will provide more latitude in this area, which for the most part will improve the overall sound of many styles. Until then, it's a matter of tuning the styles until you get the results you wish to hear, then saving them as custom styles.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)