Ian...

I must believe You Love "The Jerry Springer Show" or You simply Have alot of free time and are Bored.

First, Knowing Yamaha Products as well as You Do or Should....Would it not explain why the 900 and Tyros Pianos are very even Simply because the Sampled Pianos Yamaha choose to use were NOT sampled Note for Note from Their Acoustic Grand Piano.

It's using one sample used for many notes. Thus cutting cost and kind of cheating. This is a common practice. Not saying It Sounds Bad by any means but not really natural.It can sound very Good,But if You really want as close to acoustic as You can Get, You have to have Individual note for note sampling...Thus when You do this You will also have Natural varation in tone elements on how the Piano was Tuned at the time.

This rubbish You mentioned awhile back saying Roland used Different Piano's on one Sampling is Nonsense...Even the Cost factor could not justify that!...Sometime common sense is not to common.

Bye the way...I hear The 900,Tyros Piano's Sounding Really Good on This Forum with the Excellent Musicians We have Here.

And I Hear The Roland G-70 Ultimate Grand Sounding Outstanding...You will find this same Sample being used as one of the Piano's in the New Roland RD-700GX Stage Piano...Can't be to bad?

Have a Great Day Harold