Diki......I know I sound very confusing when I describe my experiences on the arrangers I buy, play, & perform with on stage & also sell off when done with after experimentation. Like a new girfriend its exciting for a few weeks then things start to change
The fact is that there are all kinds of good ones for "DIFFERENT USES"....and when I say that I mean......for example ....I loved the G70 heavy duty key-bed, touch screen, quality build, most sounds not all families.. & makeup tools, cover tools etc,...& would have been a great studio piece but to lug it around day & night, some sounds that I wasn't happy with like the Brass & no onboard speakers for those tiny gigs personal in your face monitors was the downfall & ultimatly the straw that broke the camels back.But at home in studio it would work very well to a point.
Korg left me wanting more & more styles, the OS is frustrating at best with its folder system and such. There were many really nice features but for my needs they weren't the right ones for my performing qualifications.
All my Ketron experiences were mostly good to a point & definitly had its strengths in sound & style departments, OS once learned is very practical in the way it utilizes a hard drive, key-bed was nice also but it took many hours to set it up to my live playing on stage standards & even then it was a wrestling match controlling all parameters together.
All my Yamaha units is & has been the best over all are just simply the "easiest" & most workable sounds & styles in a nice tight great sounding package in all aspects of operating available for MY needs in my EVERYDAY life performing & traveling all over. Tyros line is just as good I enjoyed them but in the end the on-board speakers make the difference in very small gig situation & with the Full Bore sound reinforcement PA for my huge audiences it sounds awesome. The light weight is a breeze to transport, the light key-bed isn't the best but its just enough for me to expressively do what I have too.
There is way to many things to keep adding on with these units in one post....but I would gladly discuss anything regarding features and how I feel about them in detail if needed. For now it's the S900........it's doing the job admirably under pressure & guess all in all when its said and done its the one for my needs.
I hope down the road they improve it a bit with new models & added feature improvements as with all manufacturers products.

ciao

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 12-28-2008).]