Originally posted by Kingfrog:

Quote:
"The screen is the same as the Fantoms. It can be easily viewed from any angle."

Your first sentence is not quite accurate Kingfrog.

Here is a comparison between the Tyros3 and the Fantom G display:

Yamaha Tyros3 = 640 x 480 dots TFT VGA color 7.5 inch LCD

VERSUS..

Roland Fantom G = Graphic Type, 8.5inch, TFT Wide VGA(800 x 480 dots), backlit LCD (Color)

As you can see the Fantom G graphic display is both "larger" and has a "higher" resolution than the Tyros3 display. Also, even though the Fantom G doesn't have a contrast knob either, there is a setting within the Fantom G System/Menu that provides an adjustment of the displays background image(s).

It has also been stated that the Tyros3 display still can NOT be seen properly in full sunlight which was the same type of problem we had with the Tyros2/1. OTOH, I have played my Fantom G7 in direct sunlight and while it wasn't the most pleasant of experiences the LCD screen actually could be seen well enough to make my way around the GUI in an acceptable manner. It does take some getting use to though. One day I hope all manufacturers will opt for either super twist technology in their displays or something similar that would, once and for all, make viewing a keyboard's LCD in direct sunlight a non-issue. I think the Roland Fantom G LCD is a step in that direction but not a total solution, such as super twist technology, etc. - would be.

Best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 11-01-2008).]