Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Actually, Kingfrog has acknowledged that he doesn't really PLAY the arranger at all, at least not in the sense that most of us here do...

He uses it in a non-realtime fashion, to write songs on. He doesn't play it out live anywhere (whether to an audience or not!) and says he couldn't play the old organ parts he USED to play many years ago, because it would be too much work to get his chops back.

So, all in all, a VERY different way of using an arranger to the large majority here. As to his 'ears' and his opinion about the rest of our complete lack of them, well, that's for you to judge based on either work shown, or general attitude.

Personally, I want advice about whether a car is any good, I take it from the man who gets his out of first gear, from time to time

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 10-31-2008).]

First of all I do not believe technical prowess means anything when answering questions about the sound of a keyboard. Someone who doesn't play a note can hear the differences and decide which they like better. One does not have to be a professional Nascar driver to pick out a car they enjoy driving.

DIKI is right I do not PERFORM with the keyboard. I only use it for studio work. My wife does perform with the recordings she makes from it minus some parts she plays live and finds it more than adequate and a lot easier to use out of the box than the Korg was.

Yes I like the sliders for what they are intended for and consider this a major upgrade from the T2 Others mileage may vary here.

The only thing I don;t care to much for is it's MIDI implementation. It works differently when used as a workstation than the Korg. But the voices are worth the workaround I'm still trying to get a handle on for me. I USE styles. But I knew that going in. It's NOT a workstation. I originally bought the Korg PA2x because it did perform as a workstation, But I did not care for the voices as compared to the then T2.

AS far as the new pro boards are concerned. I do not want to string together a bunch of loops on a keyboard. I have the capability with Software and thousands of loops already on various hard drives.

I don;t need the recording or sampling features as again I already have those capabilities using software samplers and VST plug ins. I have much more processing power and open ended sampling with plug ins than any keyboard can deliver.Buying a Fantom or Motif would be redundant for me in may areas for Studio use. If you use instrument plugs ins you will understand the capabilities exceed many Pro Keyboards on many levels.

However The only SW capabilities for arrangements in software is Band in the Box. Been there done it. So I come back around to Yamaha because of the library and I do like the sound of the board. They compliment what I already have and when in the sequencer I can replace any voices I care to with Plug in synths and samplers. YMMV.

I want arrangements. Lots of them. Yamaha has the most complete library of Arrangements by far and they are immediately accessible without getting up directly from the Internet Direct Connect LAN. Yeah they cost a few dollars each BUT they are a lot less expensive and far less hassle than hiring musicians...ya think? I mean you can clearly see what a Pain in the arse highly opinionated "pro musicians" can be right here on these forums. Imagine having to work with some of them. YIKES!!

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 11-01-2008).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA