Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Scott thank you for posting your work ....
I too have to agree that although well done Tequila was a bit too quick for dancing to this all time classic mambo.
I find that if these SA voices are not utilized precisely correct when played they do tend to sound Non Authentic. Sometimes LESS is more with these sounds. I enjoyed your other songs very much & wish you both good luck in the trenches gigging!

Thanx Donny for all comments. On Tequila, I know what you are saying, but we really were'nt playing for an average crowd expecting to hear Tequila sound like the Ventures, etc. But I get what you have to say.

On the brass, again much appreciated and understand where you're coming from, but for me, really playing in trumpet sections of different bands and enjoying high energy sounds of Maynard Ferguson and the like, I will have to stick to my guns on this one, I was not trying for the old standby sounds of the past, so the style, speed and trumpet section work is in the 90% range of what I was actually attempting. Of course the next song was a very laid back one to assist in taking the crowd on a musical roller coaster ride