Quote:
Originally posted by Bill in Dayton:
Nice stuff...

I liked "Since I don't have you" the best. really nice guitar work...how did you do the echo effect?

I agree with Dreamer about the chords in Dock...Go to an E, not an Em in the chorus...

I have tried to find a style for Tequila, but haven't found one that I think is workable for the essence of the tune. We both play T2's and what they give us, IMO is too much off a stretch to work for me.

Question: Tequila, Dock, Don't know why and Boardwalk all seemed faster tempos than I'd take them for dancing crowds. Are you playing for dancers or a different kind of thing?

You're guitar work is almost "Mason-esque"...

Keep it coming, Scott...

Thanx for your comments, Bill. I used the Ballad Guitar. As for the echo, I lifted it from some style where I liked what Yamaha did with that voice. Can't really remember which one.

On Dock of the bay, as I mentioned, it's written that way in the music that I got the info from. I'm going to listen to some recordings and see who does what in what renditions, in my spare time

On Tequilla, I used to use a much tamer version of a Samba, from the PSR2000 I believe. It was leaning more towards the original, as that's what I was tring to emulate at the time.

As for the tempos, being that I normally didn't play this kind of music until getting together with Chuck, and while some of it I knew but most of the tunes on his list I had never even heard of, (I have different than average listening tastes), what I did do is actually clocked the speed from the mp3's that I downloaded for these songs. So, they for the most part will be identicle in speed. We are playing for dancing, dining, and for those who enjoy listening. It's really a mix of all the above, quite often covering all of that in one gig.

Thanx again, Bill.