I've been eyeing the Bose PAS L1 for quite some time. Based on the number of gigs I play I could not justify spending $2000 plus on a Bose system.

Rewind to 4 weeks ago I was speaking with a coworker. Short story is I was able to buy a brand new PAS L1 at a very substantial discount. You remember the sentence from the movie? "Make him an offer he can't refuse." Yup, I couldn't refuse this investment under any circumstances like it or not. BTW, this is not a system that fell off the Bose truck. Everything about it was legit including the 45 day trial.

I spoke to a number of SZ members who own them via telephone, ahem, Gary and Frank thank you for your input and your advice on settings. For my purposes this system is for me. I don't play hip hop or high energy music where I want the sound to rumble my listener's body. I love the clarity of the the Bose.

To date I've played 6 gigs with the system including a dinner dance for 150 people(VFW hall), an outdoor court yard gig, a family open house for 125 in an atrium of a converted mansion and in for audience of 30 in the lobby of an assisted living center. The comment I've heard most is even though I was sitting toward the front of the room, I wasn't blasted out of my seat.

I'm keeping it!!

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 09-26-2008).]