Quote:
Originally posted by Spalding1:
There are so many problems with your logic Ensnare you but here is one that i am sure you will follow using my logic

The MS is marketed here as an arranger right ?

Which part of that demo was done using the aranger ? put another way , do you think any of those instruemts in the demo were following chords or were they do you think recorded linearly like a raditional sequenced peiece of music ? If the author tried to play the piece using minor chords or diminished chords like say .........AN ARANGER...would it sound any different ? COULD HE REPLAY THIS PIECE IN SECONDS USING DIFFERENT STYLES LIKE AN ARRANGER ???

The Mediastation is marketed as a workstation/arranger and its arranger capabilities exceed that of all except the Wersi. What many people on Synthzone don't understand is the power the Mediastation and the Wersi have to produce styles you can't realize on the likes of Yamaha, Korg, or Roland. It's a lack of forward thinking and understanding that cause confusion as to what can and can't be done with these types of instruments.

You ask if a style that sounds like the MS demo from Chony's friend can be created on the Mediastation and played live. Absolutely! Like Chony, myself, and a few other users on this forum, we don't use canned styles for our music we custom make them. Yes my friends, we actually create our own music, our own styles, and most often our own sounds. Sure it takes more time to create a custom style or sound but what's the point of creating ones own music if you can't even create your own style? The whole point is to be unique and make you sound like you, not every other guy who has the same instrument that you do.

If more people would actually utilize their instrument to its full potential rather than just be a button presser or "knob jockey", then there wouldn't be as many people here complaining about the capabilities of their instrument or lack thereof.