"They were sounds played on the Mediastation, its not like the sounds produced and played themselves. We don't know yet if the backing was a custom style the user created or if they were sequences done on the MS. Either way the sounds, drums, and files were played on the Mediastation.

Would you question the Tyros 3 if I sequenced music on it and used some custom samples or custom voices I created myself on the Tyros 3? I'll bet you wouldn't. The advantage the Mediastation has is the ability to utilize so many different sound sources that most arrangers lack. Why knock that technology rather than embrace it?"

There are so many problems with your logic Ensnare you but here is one that i am sure you will follow using my logic

The MS is marketed here as an arranger right ?

Which part of that demo was done using the aranger ? put another way , do you think any of those instruemts in the demo were following chords or were they do you think recorded linearly like a raditional sequenced peiece of music ? If the author tried to play the piece using minor chords or diminished chords like say .........AN ARANGER...would it sound any different ? COULD HE REPLAY THIS PIECE IN SECONDS USING DIFFERENT STYLES LIKE AN ARRANGER ???

Please escuse the shouting but i dont know how to point out to you and others the major problem with the MS Arranger Keyboard.

Noone is questioning the MS ability to play a VST. Thats what its designed for, if it couldnt do this NOONE would buy it.

But if you market this instrument to arranger players , what single most importnat function do you think it must do well, over and above its ability to simply facilitate other companies expensive VST's ???

When you've worked that out , then you and Dom and the Wersi contingent will understand why i cant justify purchasing this "technically potentially " ahead of the game synth/workstation.

Actually i cant wait for you to work it out because i fear that you simply wont see it :-) ITS STYLES, STYLES, EASE OF USE, STYLES, INTUITIVENESS, STYLES , USER FRIENDLINESS , OHHH AND GRET PROFESSIONAL STYLES. AND DID I MENTION STYLES ??? (thats english humor -dont be offended)

Thats why Dom is so far off the mark with the MS. He simply does not have the first clue what the aranger community wants in an arranger keyboard and your encouragement and others for him to continue to make empty and laughable boasts about this instrument being the best arranger is just so very very misplaced and misjudged. And i say that with genuine respect for you as an individual and a fellow musician.

Let me say just one more thing. ASk Dom what updates or technological upgrades has he done in the last year to make the ARRANGER FUNCTION better and then compare that to what he has done to make he PRO SYNTH/WORKSTATION better. This wil tell you who his instrument is geared towards. He is just trying to pick up some additional wild card purchases by sucking in some unsuspecting (gullible) arranger cutomers. I cant blame him. If people are using their ears and still want an MS as an arranger after the last 3-4 years big talk from Dom and poor demos then really they deserve to have every penny taken from them.

I admire doms determination and i genuinely wish him luck. He most certainly will need it to crack the arranger market with this product in its current form.

[This message has been edited by Spalding1 (edited 09-12-2008).]