Today is a milestone of sorts.

Back in the Spring, yours truly looked down upon his scale and saw the numbers 2-6-0 look back at him. For various reasons, it finally struck that it was time to get serious about my health.

Patty, my Wife and Supreme Ruler, had already started working out on our treadmill. So, we starts walking a mile every night. Then we took it up to 2 miles per day and upwards 5-18 miles per week.

Then the week before Father's Day, I bought us some low end department store bikes to see if cycling was for us. We both really enjoyed it and wound up swapping those cheap bikes for used road bikes. When schedules, parental duties, etc. permit, we're riding upwards of 100-125 miles per week.

Its been great fun because, in large part, we've done it together. Pat's lost 45+ pounds and looks pretty hot!

As for me, after starting at 260+ back in late May...Mr. Scale now looks back and says...

...with a smile...

219.6 pounds! I've worked off over 40 pounds in less than 4 full months. I've really watched what I eat...targeting 1200-1500 calories a day and limiting fat intake.

My goal of 199 by NYE looks very reasonable. There are 19 weeks left until NYE with 19+ pounds to go, so...I need to lose a single pound per week to hit it.

Just felt like tooting my own horn a bit...

------------------
Bill in Dayton