Quote:
Originally posted by Ensnareyou:
[B] So as to clarify things because I must be seriously missing something.... I actually own a Wersi Abacus Duo Pro and know exactly what it sounds like in person. Others (including yourself) hear some online demo and therefore profess that you know that the instrument sounds like crap and has poor features and a horrible GUI. All I can say is WOW!

I would appreciate it if you stuck to what I say, if you're replying to a quote of my message. I never said anything about the GUI of Wersi. You obviously have some serious blind spots when it comes to reading. And you're totally missing the point of what Diki says and what I meant to say.

Your PSR-9000 Pro demos sounded god awful, you say. What I am trying to tell you, is that EVERY demo of the Wersi that I've come across, sounded not good enough to justify the price of the instrument. TO ME.

Diki asked you to post a WAV file, since you think MP3 sounds like crap. You never did that, and meanwhile your complaining that nobody responded to your offer to let us come by your place and try the instrument.

Quote:
I think I'll go off and be a food critic and give bad restaurant reviews without having ever eaten at the restaurant only having seen pictures of the food. That's basically what you are doing.

No it's not. But if you can't see how ridiculous that comparison is, I'm afraid there's no discussion possible.

Quote:
I wouldn't profess to call the Tyros 3 crap until I heard one in person

I HEARD it in person! I listened to the demos Yamaha placed online, and I've decided it doesn't blow me away. Yet. As soon as there will be more good demos available, I will listen some more. But so far, I'm am not at all convinced that it is a real improvement over what is already out there.

Quote:
but I guess I'm different than many people here because I'd rather play the instrument first before deciding its crap.

I don't care HOW it plays. I don't care if it has a 24" wide-touchscreen, I don't care if I can select patches by yelling at the thing... as long as I don't like the SOUND. And proper demo-MP3's tell me all I need to know about the SOUND of the keyboard.

------------------
- THE DUTCH KEYBOARD FORUM
http://www.keyboardforum.nl