I'm going to go the opposite direction and say if your willing to pay £2000 [$3,122] or possibly more and you want a Keyboard that fits that [category], I would say if you can get the Technics KN7000. It is an excellent Keyboard. It is a good value for the money in that it's OS updateable, has 'great' sounds, and very good rhythms. The OS, once you've figured it out, is fairly easy to use and navigate. If you especially like Organ sounds you will love the KN7000. It has THEE best Organ sounds of any Arranger that I know of. It has its own built-in speakers that are "excellent". It uses Secure Digital "SD Memory" Cards that you can load .Wav, .MP3, Midi, and other sound and even Video file formats, etc. with, and playback on the KN7000. SD Memory Cards are available in sizes up to 1 Gigabyte and soon will be 8 Gigabyte in size. Just like having a 'minature' Hard Drive. It also has a Floppy Disk Drive. It is Expandable by way of '4' Expansion Board slots. It weighs under 40 lbs., has a built in 'cover' that you can simply close and protect the Keyboard when not in use, and it also has a large LCD screen. It has USB connectivity, a 16 track 40,000 note Sequencer, 128 note Polyphony and comes with over 1,100 instrument settings. It is a top of the line Keyboard that won't lose its competitive edge for a long while in my opinion and should provide you with many years of satisfaction and enjoyment.

Best regards
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 11-08-2003).]