Also you have to be realistic too. Even if the big three put out modern pro arrangers it would still be a dead project because the younger crowd wouldn't pay the prices when you can get a modern synth for $1,000 or more less.

What I don't understand is how the makers go on and on about "oh so much work goes into the styles" so the price has to be high. Sorry I think that's utter bullcrap. When a rep tells me that the first thing I say is--have you ever tried to program a pro quality arp? I notice a lot of arranger owners seem to not understand how much work goes into creating this amazing arps on a synth. You think it's easy to make a guitar strumming arp that uses body noise, and other nuances, on top of having to program it to sound like a proper strum that utilizes both the up and down stroke raked in various ways????

Recording arps is like rocket science. Even a well known Yamaha rep such as Phil Clend. A.K.A (Bad_Mister) will agree to that. So much work goes into writing those and Yamaha is now using chord recognition with them. With all the work that goes into creating modern, up to date patterns, grooves, sounds, and arps you don't see the makers killing us with these high prices you find on a pro arranger... They don't price them high because they know the market wouldn't roll over and take it.

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 08-10-2007).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.