Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Dave, I believe the main problem that comes trying to sell arrangers to the younger players comes from the preponderance of styles aimed squarely at the 'older' market....

I understand what you are saying and in part I agree with you. It would be nice to have the capabilities (meaning money and time mostly) to create entirely new O/S's that would focus on specific market segments. I have suggested that in the past. But the reality is the manufacturer has to focus on the primary buyer that already exists for a given type of product and in the case here in the U.S. at least, it is the organ people of the past. Incidentally, in Europe arranger keyboards are much more prominent and used by ALL ages. Then again, most arranger users in Europe tend to have a sense of pride in NOT using built-in styles so much because they feel it is important to offer some individuality in their performance.

Would offering an arranger instrument focusing strictly on hip hop, rave, techno, etc. sell? Probably not because it would still cost more than a basic workstation that includes some built-in sampled beat loops.

Here's an idea, pick an arranger of your choice that has the ability to create custom styles and start programming. If you think there is such a market, you should be able to pick up some decent spare change by creating and selling these types of styles.

Not to turn this into an advertisement, but as an example, the Genesys has a very deep sound editing section. And some of the main values such as filter cutoff and resonance, LFO rate and depth, ADR, etc. plus of course volume, panning, effects sends and even the editable parameters within the effect algorithms can all be recorded into the sequencer (of which there are 32 tracks/MIDI channels) and into style tracks.

Just a thought.

Dave