very few arranger or workstation players use more than a fraction of the sounds and styles that are available in today's units. yet they sell because the fraction they use are the ones that do it for them. i don't use many styles other than jazz, latin, blues, and funk--and i don't even much use those..mostly just bass/drums of the styles, and just a couple dozen of the hundreds of sounds. Yet.. I'm an active kb buyer--i don't reject a kb because it has archaic oompahpah or old german waltzes one one hand or modern rock, techno, hiphop, etc. on the other, and the notion that the presence of polkas or other non-modern sounds frightens off a younger buyer is spurious. unless you are talking of adolescents who happen to be extremely insecure..and that segment does not represent a major market for hi-end kb's, or automobiles. If the kb has enough of the styles/sounds the younger buyer wants, it will sell to that buyer regardless of what it has he doesn't want. the unhip "image" of arrangers has proliferated due to the lack of more modern styles, not the presence of older styles. The most damaging ad campaign of modern times was "this is NOT your father's Oldsmobile!" the phrase has lived on but the Olds died quickly after the ad campaign totally backfired. Instead of playing on the fact the Olds had been the best-selling car in the country for a stretch, and how and why their fathers and grandfathers loved it, it went for the anti-old, anti-daddy rebellion attitude..well, that demographic is age 12-16, not car-buying age..and those who would avoid a kb like the plague because older people like it too are 12-16..not your TOTL kb buyer. Just add to the existing kb's features, sounds, styles the younger buyers are looking for, forget "image"

------------------
Miami Mo