Ok. Here's my 2 cents. My complaint is less about Fran Carango putting down Yamaha keyboards, but the way he taunts Yamaha owners (included myself) for having purchased one. This borders on being a form of personal attack, and has driven away a number of valued SZ members: Roel DeJonge, Chico Brasil, Dreamer, Tyrosman, theWolf, just to name a few. My email (from fellow SZ members) has been running high sharing these same sentiments.

Everyone here has the right to express themselves freely, but Fran has been putting down Tyros2 before I purchased mine (back in Nov 2005) claiming that the G70 has got to be FAR better, even though he NEVER ever touched a G70 until just last week, and not even seen a Tyros2 till only a few months earlier. It's these kind of UNQUALIFED statements (and there have been many from him) that only serve to mislead & confuse SZ member keyboard buyers into believing he's a 'qualified' expert on these boards, when in fact he hadn't played either of them yet. Funny thing is that whenever I respond to his T2 attacks proving him wrong, he never responds back to admit he was wrong.

On the surface, Fran's T2's attacks are guised with (sarcastic) humor, but I sense a deeper sense of resentment as the attacks continue month after month, year after year.

I only want to close by saying that I hold no specific arranger brand allegiance. I currently prefer Yamaha Tyros arrangers because they work best for my needs today. If something else comes along (other brand/model) which matches my needs better, I'll not hesitate to switch brands. Above and beyond which arranger model, to me, it's about making music, and all the current arrangers on the market offer the tools for this, the rest is up to us, as no keyboard can compensate for or substitute for true keyboard artistry & talent, of which requires putting in your dues: blood, sweat, and tears.

I hope more emphasize can be placed on sharing and helping each other become better arranger players instead of bickering about which brand/model arranger is better than the other.

Scott