RJ: Many thanks for your input. I look forward to trying your Motion Sound setup suggestion out. - Scott

Quote:
Originally posted by trtjazz:
Scott by sending them out seperately and into the 2nd channel of the KP you will have independant control over the vocals in the mix.

Terry: I don't know about the Motion Sound KP-200S, but the KP-100S' EQ/mixer section does NOT support 'independent' mixer control over its 2 stereo input channels, but instead controls BOTH input channels (vocals & keyboard) together.

However, with my current setup with both vocals & keyboard sound going out together via the Tyros' main stereo output channel (L/L+R), I'm still easily able to independently control the vocal mix from the Tyros itself, so don't see any advantage to sending the vocals & keyboard sounds out separately from the Tyros to my KP-100S PA unit.

Perhaps the KP-200S is different than the KP-100S, allowing you to apply independent mixer control (eq, balance, etc) over each of its input channels, and that may explain Terry's reasoning. If I'm still missing something here, I hope that Terry (or someone else here) can provide more insight. Many thanks. - Scott