Scott: Congradulations - I think you'll enjoy the sound and convenience of your new amp. I'm glad to hear that the smaller speakers put out sufficient bass - I know my KP-200s puts out a surprising amount of it. I don't use the mic inputs on my KP-200s either but I found they came in handy when I needed to set up a mic for someoone other than me to address the audience with.

I forget the model of tilt stand I got but it was one of the smallest QuikLok models and it does the job admirably. And I did get the padded cover from Le Cover and think it's an excellent investment - fits like a glove and gives added protection to the exposed front speaker area. Otherwise the amp seems totally rugged.

Since I have a 9000 Pro and have no "front" speakers for monitoring, I always have sound coming from behind me no matter if I use the KP-200s or a regular PA... I'm very used to it and of course it's all the same to the audience. You might hear a little less of the high from this vantage point if you don't use your Tyros speakers with your KP. I think the convenience factor will help offset this minor caveat.

Since you sing a lot and I don't, perhaps you'll get a chance to address some of the questions others had about using the KP from behind you, ie: feedback problems. Good luck with your amp.