Scott, try placing the amp in front of you in the floor, I have found the sterio enhancement of the KP-200S is present behind as well as in front of the amp. The 200S has two 3" cutouts on the back - perhaps this is so the sterio effect is also present in back?

I like the placement in front so I don't subject my ears to the full volume that the audience is subjected to - eventhough that ain't much since the old folks at the home don't like much volume.

The only situation in which there was too much bass and not enough treble (however, I was told it sounded OK out front)was when I played in a cafeteria with acoustic tiles (the stapled on fiber ones with the holes - not a suspended ceiling)and the audience was seated a rectangular tables. So, I purchased a QuikLok QL322 stand (just a small x-stand) from Dano (Dan, is it on back-order?). With the QL322 I'll be able to adjust the height of the amp to vary the sound.

I didn't have the presence of mind to wander out front after the performance to hear with my ears if it sounded OK, but it's hard to imagine that the sound out front was that different. But, I haven't been around PA's for that long.

Good Luck

RJM