Quote:
Originally posted by Beakybird:
Scott, doesn't the amp has handles on the side, doesn't it?

Unfortunately, the KP-100S doesn't include side handles like the KP-200S does. The KP-100S is considerably lighter though (38 vs 55 lbs) , so lack of side handles isn't as critical, but it would have been nice none the less.

Btw: The "Motion Sound" KP-100S's small footprint size fits perfectly on the bed of my "Superlite" Handtruck:
assuring maximum support & stability for quick ez transport along with the rest of the gear stacked on top:
http://www.pstco.com/superlite_cobra.htm

Quote:
Originally posted by the Pro:

Since you sing a lot and I don't, perhaps you'll get a chance to address some of the questions others had about using the KP from behind you, ie: feedback problems.

In initial tests, I've had no vocal feedback problems with the amp positioned behind me, as my body appears to block the mic from pointing directly at the PA unit. I'll report back more after taking it on my small job later today.

Quote:
Originally posted by Trtjazz:

Scott what I would suggest on your vocals, is run through the Tyros but in line out, send them out the sub 1 & 2 into the second channel of your KP. That way it will all be in the same mix source and you can take advantage of the stereo field for them too.

Currently when performing live, I send both vocals & keyboard sounds out to the Motion Sound PA solely via the Tyros main output (L/L+R). I'm confused about how sending the vocals separately (via the Tyros sub1 &2 outs) to the 2nd input channel on the KP-100S will offer any advantages. The KP-100S provides 3 band overall EQ as well as a stereo enhancer, but it doesn't allow you apply these separately to only one of the two stereo inputs. Can you please provide more details on the advantage of sending out the vocals to the KP-100S separately? Curious how other Motion Sound users (KP-200S/KP-100S) configure vocals & keyboard with their Motion Sound units.

Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
Scott,
What size room or audience do you believe the 100 is capable of handling? . . . Additionally, does the 100 have a pole-stand mounting bracket in the bottom, or must it be placed on a tilted stand? And finally, if this is not too personel, how much did it cost? The website made no mention of suggested list price.Gary

Gary: Though I haven't tried it out on the job yet, I expect it should handle the smaller acoustic jazz/pop lounge venues (up to 50 people) where heavy duty pumping bass isn't required, but I'll have to report back after taking it on a few gigs. The 100 doesn't include a pole stand mounting bracket on the bottom.The suggested list price for the KP-100S is $699. I got mine from DanO and his price is even a much better deal than the $599 price offered at Music 123.com. I was lucky enough to have mine drop shipped directly to my door from Motion Sound.

Quote:
Originally posted by The Accordionist:
I purchased the Quik Lok BS-317 amplifier stand and it functions well. You may be able to get by with the smaller Quik Lok stand, however, since the KP-100S is only 35 pounds

Anyone know the QuikLok model number of the recommended 'smaller' Quik Lok stand?

Quote:

I can't recommend LeCover enough. I have the regular, non-padded cover and it serves it's purpose well. I didn't opt for the 1/2" padded cover because it was more important to me that the cover be manageable and easy to stow away in my accordion case during a gig. The covers fit like a glove.

I hope that when you say it 'fits like a glove' that it's not so snug that it's difficult to install or remove quickly & easily. The EV brand covers I purchased for my EV SxA100's are very awkward (time consuming) to install and remove because the fit is too snug and requires lifting the speakers and then struggling to fit them into the cover. I hope the Le Cover bags are designed better. Thanks for your good suggestion about going with the non-padded cover vs padded version, but I'm wondering if going the padded vs padded route might offer (because of padded rigidity?) easier cover installation/removal?

Quote:

I've been experimenting a lot with the KP-200S and have just now found the sweet spot to my ears. RJ Miller of this forum has been very helpful with suggestions via email on how he has set up his KP-200S.

Can you possibly post here (or email me privately) RJ Miller's suggestions?

Thanks to everyone for there input and replies. In the meantime, I'll keep you all posted on my progress with the KP-100S.

Scott