Les, I don't disagree with you that it is the end result that is important. And indeed, the sound quality is not related to the ppq resolution.

However, as Scott has indicated above, low resolution of the sequencer could be a serious limitation, depending on what you are doing with the instrument. Obviously, you can't fault one for trying to make an informed decision before making a commitment to a new instrument (and to spending significant sums of money).

Putting that aside, there is a curiosity factor, of trying to understand what makes the X1 styles as good as they are, and whether there is any inherent limitation in other keyboards from playing styles as well as well as X1.

With that, I have another question to the X1 users and dealers: As I understand, the main advantage of the X1 styles is their use of the grooves. Aside from the grooves in the instrument's ROM, are there any external grooves which are available on the market? How easy is it to include those in the styles? I presume that there is a flash RAM memory area which stores grooves, which could in theory use third party grooves. Is that true?

Regards,
Alex

The other re