I have a ppq concern also but for a different reason. The Roland XP-80/60 has been known to have some timing problems. I suspect the sluggish timing is due to the 96 ppq that the performance gets quantized to. This quantizing to 96 ppq allows for fewer ticks for midi events to get disperced to, causing more then the normal amount of events to be called on the existing ticks putting more pressure on the processor at the occurence of these ticks. I have also noticed that the users who don't encounter timing problems have mentioned that they only use external software sequencers.

The Roland XP-80/60's sequencer records at 96 ppq, but plays back at 480 ppq. Why the difference? I don't know. My unofficial observations make it seem that the number of ticks between record and playback on the Roland XP-80/60 is the cause of timing problems with the synth.

Sorry, but I don't know the tick resolutions of the other synths you mentioned. Perhaps their websites would have the specs you are looking for.