Whew!!!! Am I glad I am an amateur. I go by the sound of instruments and not ppg. I do not know if ppg on arrangers make for better sounds as I don't know everything a ppg incorporates in their sound or end result. I do know that the X1 has "nuances" in some of their instrumentation that others don't have. Or maybe it is in their adjustments "attack" "sustain", etc maybe it is in my ears only. But the violin can be, with proper touch and after touch, very sad. And the blowed sax can come very very close to a Kenny G sax. And blowsaxes is the perfect "Auld Lang Syne" sax if I ever heard one.

I don't know a lot of technical stuff and probably will never use the X1 to its full potential. But I will use it to "my" fullness which no other keyboard I've seen allows me to do.

Hopefully you find your answers, but will they really indicate quality of instrumentation beyond the ears? Does 128ppq indicate the sound will be better than 96ppq.

As for me. I am not sure, nor would I buy on the ppg. I bought on a number of X1 users raving about the X1. I bought. I won - in my ears at least.

Really is it this old amateur or do the solo sounds of the X1 have a nuance in their sounds that others don't, and does the touch and after touch enhance the nuances beyond other arrangers. To me they do. And the end result of the best keyboard is that which, on an individual level, each of us enjoy.