Many thanks for your so fast support !
I know that you are the only one who really helps just when we need help !

1)I opened the genesys with your informations. It's easy to open ! 19 screws only without to have to put the front face of the keyb downside. I like it ! and this front panel pivot ! Gem are genius

Inside the Keyb, all seems very good construct and mounted! All cables are maintened with some glue, so It's very difficult to detach one.

The cables seems to be pluged correctely, so I replug them, and tested again.
The hard drive can'ot be acceced, but I can start the Synth drectely from CD-ROM.

After many trys, I finaly want to test the Hard drive, because it's a simple mobile PC Hard drive.

I opened the 4 screws of the hard drive (very well attached with rubber on the screws, to avoid choks and noise !)

But I heard a noise inside the 9 Gb HD, as if something inside the hard drive is detached.

To be sure, I pluged the hard drive instead of my secondary HD in my notebook, and the HD is not recongnized too.

I m computer engeener, and the diagnostic is that the IBM HD is dead !!

But I can swear that It's not my fault ! I turn on the gem only 20 times in its life.
I use Ketron SD1 for 5 years, and take it for gig 500 times, and the HD is always good.

I think it's an bad serial HD from IBM.
So what I can do?

2) From the first day, My genesys says : "battery completely discharged" when I power it up. Someone says to me that the battery is soldered on the mainboard, so I must send my genesys to a reparator.
But When I open it , I saw an 3 battery ensemble, put inside a red thing, with just a screw and a connector. Is it this battery to replace? It seem easy!

Best Regards,
Dan Z from France

Dan
https://www.varranger.com