Quote:
Originally posted by donpatt:
Thanks Guys,

Yes Dave, two things.

To be more specific about my problem mentioned above, I would like to know if it is possible to separate the S.T. BUTTON from the tempo control.

Also, can you see if you could put some pressure on those concerned with sales and see if the six-function foot pedal could be had in the US. This is a must for me. Because sometimes the function I want to switch to is two menus deep in the XP and it is not practical to do this with my hand while trying to play.

I know this is not your area, but any help you could offer us would be appreciated. I know that Jerry T. is certainly interested.

Thanks
Don

Hi Don,

The Single Touch Play button really isn’t tied to the Tempo at all. What Single Touch Play does is this;
1. Activates the ARR. On/Off button (arranger).
2. Activates the ARR. MEM button (left hand auto-sustain).
3. Sets the Keyboard Mode to ACCOMP. SPLIT (accompaniment split).
4. Automatically selects the first Style Preset of the currently selected style.

Each style, or to be more specific each Style Preset stores not only the live play and accompaniment sound assignments, effects settings, pedal and wheel assignments, vocal genius settings, etc. but also a tempo for the style they are a part of.

If Style Presets 2-8 have not been created with a tempo different to what is stored in Style Preset #1, then the tempo will remain the same when selecting any of the 8 (potential) Style Presets.

If Single Touch Play has not been activated, the tempo of a selected style is STILL controlled by the tempo stored in Style Preset #1 of a given style even though the sound assignments of that Style Preset have not been recalled.

I hope this helps in understanding what is going on inside just a bit. The important thing is I understand why you are asking and why it would be nice if this worked a little differently. FYI: I have already been in contact with the product manager in Italy and am waiting to hear back from him to see if something can be done to change the functionality. As soon as I have more information I will let you know.

On to the pedal; I agree that it would be great to have the Multi-Pedal here in the US. The problem is the cost and selling price. I’ll see what I can do. You do realize that the Genesys XP has 3 pedal inputs right now that can be used to access various functions, right. And the Memories, Sound Presets and Style Presets can store pedal assignments. So if you need a particular function (up to 3) for one song but access to different functions for another song, that is no problem.

Best Regards,

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
Nat'l Product and Support Manager
Generalmusic USA
GEM Community Forums

[This message has been edited by WDMcM (edited 07-11-2006).]