Hi Don , Thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to answer my questions .I new i was having problems when I could'nt even get the CD player to work !!!!!
I think you should apply for the position of re writer of the instruction manual !!!!!.
Saying that ,I have a KN7000 manual and the only reason i know how to do a lot of things on the KN7000 is because a company in the UK called TECHNOTE produced a bi- monthly magazine for the Technics company and it always featured a lot of very Easy to understand tips on how to get the best from the Technics Keyboard products. I've kept all the magazines and over the years just about everything you would want to know has been covered .
Sadly with the dimise of the Technics brand the magazines have stopped .
What I'm trying to say, is that it encouraged many users to try things on their keyboards that most people would not have the confidence our knowledge to attempt !!!
I think this is something that the other manufacturers should take on board !!

Thanks to you I now know how to use the CD player and I saved my first style memory !!!
NB . the max number of letters that can be saved in a title is "11"

Regarding the 6 way foot switch it all sounds very strange that the pedal is not available in the USA .
I'll give my good friend Dave Sadler at Jack White music in Norwich a call tomorrow to find out about the situation.
I think your other problem is something that Dave McMahan may be able to answer .

once again many thanks

Regards .............Giovanni

PS Yes I had a great time in the USA
Visiting Washington DC seeing all the sights and then on Las Vegas for the Accordion convention .
As an Accordionist I'm sure you now the names of Dick Contino ,Art Van Damme. Peter Soave , Ron Borelli, Bernadette Conlan , Mady Soave , Iona Purkiss , Gina Branelli ,
Gordon Kohl ,Joe Domitriwich just to name a few !!!